Grade 8 and 9 Referees
WHEN DO I HAVE TO RECERTIFY?
2019 RECERTIFICATION MODULES ARE POSTED
- Recertfication period begins July 1 of each year and concludes December 31.
- All referees must recertify to continue refereeing in the next year.
- Registrations are valid from January 1 - December 31.
- Referees who were newly certified on or after July 1 do NOT need to recertify, as their registration is good through December 31 of the following year.
(E.g. If you became a new referee in August 2016, your registration is valid until December 2017.
- You may referee games until December 31. If you have not recertified prior to this date, you will no longer be able to referee.
- Additionally, there will be an additional $25 fee for processing your recertification after December 31.
HOW DO I RECERTIFY?
For 2019 registration year, Recertification for Grades 8 and 9 is Online only.
PART 1 - Online Training - This must be completed prior to December 31, 2018 to avoid a late fee. Badges will be mailed to you after completion of all requirements.
After completing all the modules and tests, you will be registered officially at your current grade. Badges will be mailed to you. Please ensure your contact information is current.
You should contact the State Registrar if in doubt of the status of your recertification.
WHAT IF I MISS A YEAR OR MORE?
If you miss two consecutive years of certification, you can still recertify at your present level if you are Grade 8 or 9. If you are Grade 7 or Grade 6, you are generally asked to downgrade one level for one year, then you can recertify at the higher level the following year. If you miss three years, you can recertify by taking the Grade 8 class again.
Grade 7 and 6 Referees
Grade 7 and 6 referees are required to attend a classroom session in order to recertify at their current grade. In addition, Grade 6 referees must complete the current Assessment and Fitness Test requirements. All requirements must be completed by December 31 of the current year. On 1 January 2019, grade 6 referees will automatically be downgraded to a grade 7 if you have not met all of your requirements. It is YOUR responsibility to enter your fitness and assessments into the OMS system. If you are downgraded you will be upgraded once you meet all of your requirements as well as a 30.00 mid year upgrade fee required by USSF.