How To Become a Soccer Referee
Step 1. Complete the Online Training PART 1.
Step 2. Attend a Field Training Session PART 2.
- If you do not see any courses posted, there are none scheduled
- Courses are continuously scheduled, so keep checking back
- Courses will close for registration 4 days prior
- The cost is $85
- The fee is payable online when you register
- The fee covers your US Soccer Registration and Arizona fees
- Dress appropriately for running on a soccer field
- Bring your own whistle
- Bring any other referee gear you may have: flags, cards, coin
- Bring plenty of hydration. This is especially important for warm-weather courses! Pack what you think you'll need, then double it. Water may not be available at the field location
Note that we are unable to offer full refunds in case of an incomplete course.
Payment can be applied to a future course if a chance is required
Step 3. You're a Referee!
- You will receive your badge at the completion of the class
- Once you receive your badge, you may begin refereeing games
- You will receive your registration packet from US Soccer several weeks later
- You DO NOT need to wait for your registration packet to arrive before you begin refereeing