The events being used to identify top performing Arizona referees for 2016-17 have been selected. Referee identification is used to assist state administration in selecting referees for Arizona President's Cup, Arizona State Cup, Region IV ODP, Region IV President's Cup Championships, and Far West Regional Championships.
The identification process is carried out by several of the top assessors and instructors in the state. Feedback may be given during this process, but it will generally be brief. The goal is to identify referees who have what it takes to excel at these state and region events.
Referees who are interested in being considered for selection to one of these events should make sure they attend at least one of the selected ID Events.
The ID Events for 2016-17 are:
- October 7-9 Arsenal Challenge
- November 4-6 Patriots Cup
- December 9-11 San Tan Holiday Classic
- December 17-18 Referee Academy with ODP tryouts in Casa Grande
- January 13-15 CCV Champions Cup and Fort Lowell Shootout in Tucson
- February 17-19 Presidents Day Tournament
- March 3-5 Sereno Showcase
In addition to attending an ID Event, referees wishing to be selected for a Region IV event must meet additional requirements. Those requirements, approved by the board for Region IV events in 2017, are:
- The referee must receive a passing assessment from a certified assessor within the twelve (12) months prior to the Region IV Event
- The referee must pass the state level fitness test
- Priority will be given to referees who have received an assessment within the twelve (12) months prior to the Arizona Presidents Cup and State Cup events
If you have any questions about this process, please contact our SYRA, Todd Sergi, at email@example.com