Grade 8 and 9 Referees
WHEN DO I HAVE TO RECERTIFY?
2019 RECERTIFICATION MODULES WILL BE POSTED SOON. IT WILL BE ONLINE ONLY THIS YEAR SO KEEP CHECKING BACK TO THIS SITE
- Recertfication period begins July 1 of each year and concludes December 31.
- All referees must recertify to continue refereeing in the next year.
- Registrations are valid from January 1 - December 31.
- Referees who were newly certified on or after July 1 do NOT need to recertify, as their registration is good through December 31 of the following year.
(E.g. If you became a new referee in August 2016, your registration is valid until December 2017.
- You may referee games until December 31. If you have not recertified prior to this date, you will no longer be able to referee.
- Additionally, there will be an additional $25 fee for processing your recertification after November 30.
HOW DO I RECERTIFY?
For 2019 registration year, Recertification for Grades 8 and 9 is Online only.
PART 1 - Online Training - This must be completed prior to December 31, 2018 to avoid a late fee. Badge distribution is still being determined.
After completing all the modules and tests, you will be registered officially at your current grade. Badge distribution is still being determined.
You should contact the State Registrar if in doubt of the status of your recertification.
WHAT IF I MISS A YEAR OR MORE?
If you miss one or two consecutive years of certification, you can still recertify at your present level if you are Grade 8 or 9. If you are Grade 7 or Grade 6, you are generally asked to downgrade one level for one year, then you can recertify at the higher level the following year. If you miss three or four years, you can recertify by taking the Grade 8 class again.
Grade 7 and 6 Referees
Grade 7 and 6 referees are required to attend a classroom session in order to recertify at their current grade. In addition, Grade 6 referees must complete the current Assessment and Fitness Test requirements. All requirements must be completed by December 31 of the current year.