Grade 8 and 9
WHEN DO I HAVE TO RECERTIFY?
- All referees must recertify to continue refereeing in the next year.
- Registrations are valid from January 1 - December 31.
- Referees who were newly certified on or after July 1 do NOT need to recertify, as their registration is good through December 31 of the following year.
- You may referee games until December 31. If you have not recertified prior to this date, you will no longer be able to referee.
- Additionally, there will be an additional $25 fee for processing your recertification after November 30.
HOW DO I RECERTIFY?
There are 2 PARTS to the recertification process.
PART 1 - Online Training - This must be completed prior to Part 2. You should register for and complete the Part 1 Online Training now, even if you are unsure when you can complete the Part 2 Field Session.
PART 2 - Field Session - Additionally, referees must attend a 2-hour field session to complete the recertification. This requirement was added to coincide with the change of the Entry Level clinic from classroom instruction to field instruction, as it is important for all referees to participate in field instruction.
Just as you registered for the entry-level training classes for Grades 8 and 9, you will register for the on-line recertification class, pay the registration fee, go through all the modules, and take the on-line test. You will also sign up for a field session on this site.
Go to Arizona Game Officials.
After completing all the modules and tests, field sessions, classroom sessions if required, and any additional requirements for your grade level, you will be registered officially at your current grade. You will receive your referee badge for the coming year via mail directly from the United States Soccer Federation, and this will likely take some time.
You should contact the State Registrar if in doubt of the status of your recertification.
WHAT IF I MISS A YEAR OR MORE?
If you miss one or two consecutive years of certification, you can still recertify at your present level if you are Grade 8 or 9. If you are Grade 7 or Grade 6, you are generally asked to downgrade one level for one year, then you can recertify at the higher level the following year. If you miss three or four years, you can recertify by taking the Grade 8 class again.