June 6, 2018
Referees, first I want to thank you for what you do for the game in Arizona and other locations if you travel. I always hear great things from my fellow SRA's about Arizona referees, so thank you again.
For the 2019 registration season we will be embarking on a new platform this year that is made for referees to navigate and to more easily get around the site. The site is called officials Management System (OMS) and the platform has been in use for 10 years in Texas South as well as 5 years for Washington state. As with any new system there will be some aches and pains along the way but in the end will be a more user friendly system for you to use. Look for more information soon on OMS on our website.
I am looking for help in recruiting and retention. we have set up a committee to look at solutions to help keep referees as well as recruit. If you have any input or ides please get them to me. It is easy to say something is broke or does not work but a little harder to say it is broke and give a possible solution for the issue. Please feel free to contact me if you have any ideas and also please feel free to recruit your friends.
Lastly, this year we are going back to a one time recertification clinic in Casa Grande on August 11, 2018. this will include a fitness test as well and will be a one stop shop for grade 6 and 5 referees. If all of your requirements are met at the conclusion you will have your badge and set for 2019 registration year.
Again, thanks for all you do!
June 15, 2016
Referees, as we approach the 2017 registration season some points to remember:
1. We will be a little late starting entry level classes as we wait for information from USSF due to new FIFA law changes.
2. If you are a grade 6 referee we are half way into the season and you should be scheduling assessments and fitness tests.
3. Recertification clinics will be a little delayed as well for the same reason as above.
4. This year there will be a field session required for all recertifying and new referees. We will also be giving books and badges out at the field clinic vuce being mailed to you.
5. Please congratulate Sam Rozinski on his selection as Region IV Youth Referee of the Year!
Look here for more information. Please look online at the law changes if you have not. There is a whole new format to the LOTG.